Publications/Conference attended by staff
- Training in basic and advanced life support
- Building health care conference with a rider ‘health care management; attended by Dr Adebanjo.
- Hygiene and wound dressing workshop for nurses
- Annual general meeting and conferences of Nigerian optometrist society
- Continuous medical education series for doctors and other health workers
- Conference of Nigerian Physiotherapist attended By Mr Edwin Ejiofor
- Training on CT scan attended by Mr Patrick Edmund Patrick , the radiographer
- Dental Conference attended by Dr Ibidun Chrsitopher in Iddo Ekiti
- » DHS presented at a conference by GSK on role modeling in Cervarix vaccinations of students, the conference was held at the Sheraton hotel Lagos and attended by the heads of all medical units of private Universities and other institutions in Nigeria.
- » DHS also presented and was given an award of recognition at the Annual General Meeting and conference of Nigerian Association of Education administrators, Ekpoma 2011, topic was Stress Management for Educational administrators
- » DHS also presented Stress management for ‘Soil Scientists’ at the annual general Meeting of soil Scientists held in Landmark University in April 2015
Student Award and recognition
Rapha squad, a health and emergency rescue team started by the Medical Centre in response to needs for safety and prompt evacuation of emergency cases from the hostels, field, chapel etc. The squad also had several successful projects in the community. List of their recognition is highlighted below;
- Rapha Squad & MDG/NYSC in Primary Health Care Centre On the 2nd of June 2012, Rapha Squad in collaboration with the Millennium development goal/NYSC hosted residents of the Irepodun local government council of omu-aran Community to a one day free medical examination exercise.
- Rapha squad had collaboration with the Medical Centre and Glaxo smithkline on Health in Landmark University.
- Rapha squad in federal government girl’s college (FGGC), 2013 on sex education and it was well applauded with the Vice principal and other members of Management in attendance.
Collaborations and Linkages
- National Blood transfusion Agency: We have a MOU to have a supply of well screened blood from this platform and to organize donors days by our blood donor`s club.
- Federal teaching hospital Iddo Ekiti: Most of our visiting specialists are from this hospital. Investigations are also requested from the hospital to our laboratory and radiology units
- Ogo Oluwa hospital Bacita: Collaboration on information exchange and honing of surgical skills.
- Ecwa Hospital Egbe : Same collaboration as in III above.
- GSK: collaboration on vaccination of our female students against Cervical Cancer and recently plan to have our Centre as a place for introduction and Clinical trials on the new Malaria vaccine.
- Pfizer health care: Collaboration on cardiovascular health with the cardiology clinic, for clinical studies.
- Lean value international: Training on for continuous medical improvement. Through video conferencing from the Netherlands by Dr Louis Brackel. We have had a video seminar so far. He also promised to come over and help link up with an agricultural based university in the Netherlands.
- Joint Commission International: The collaboration is for the purpose of accrediting our medical facility, provision of resource to help achieve accreditation and patient safety goals. JCI is an international Medical accreditation body.
- Egosi women of substance: Collaborated to have a free health services, eye care and distribution of free reading glasses for the residents of Egosi Ile.
- Merck -Serono health: collaboration on identifying and early detection of diabetic neuropathy
- Drug free world: We had training materials and videos on campaign against drugs of abuse.
- Collaboration with different units of the University on Research example of this is BRALU; Biomedical Research in Landmark University in conjunction with Dr Charles Okoli (Biological Sciences), Research under takings with Dr Abolarin of Biological Sciences, Use of our laboratory for various tests by students and faculties for their research works.
- Pharm Access`s Periodic evaluation and technical support: We plan to have quarterly evaluation of our performance by a team of experts from Pharm access, an organization that help in standardizing practice and medical audit
- We had our event and outreaches to Irepodun Local Government which was covered by News Agency of Nigeria and pictures of the event came out in two newspapers in two Newspapers. They were Leadership and herald newspapers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest news and updates by signing up to our daily newsletter.